Agency Owner & Host of The Insurance Guys Podcast
Originally from Hamilton, Alabama, Scott is a graduate of Birmingham Southern College, where he earned a dual degree in both Business Management & Marketing and a two-year letterman in men’s basketball. Scott served four years in the United States Marine Corps, both in Security Forces in London, England and in the Fleet with 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines and was part of the 27th Marine Expeditionary Unit. While in London, Scott became one of only a handful of U.S. Servicemen to complete the British Royal Marines, All Arms Commando Course. This distinction makes him one of only a handful of U.S. citizens to ever complete both U.S. Marine Corps training at Paris Island and complete Royal Marine Commando training at the Commando Training Center in Lympstone. Scott began his career in Insurance in May of 2008 as an associate agent with State Farm Insurance in Birmingham, Alabama where he completed the State Farm Agency Owner Program in June 2010. In that same month, Scott joined Nationwide Insurance in the Associate Agency Executive program and spent the next 3 years in various agency programs within Nationwide. In May of 2013, Scott purchased the servicing rights of an existing book of business in Athens, Alabama and over the course of the past 8 years has grown the 3 agency locations in Florence, Athens and Huntsville, Alabama and is widely regarded as one of the fastest growing insurance agencies in the Southeast.
In July of 2020, the Agency transitioned to a full service Independent Agency, known as iPROTECT Insurance & Financial Services, Inc.
- 2018 – Nationwide Conference of Champions
- 2019 – Nationwide Presidents Conference
- 2020 – Nationwide Conference of Champions
- 2021 – Live Podcast – Tennessee Young Agents Conference
- 2021 – West Virginia Big I Annual Conference – Keynote Speaker
- 2021 – Insurors of Tennessee Conference – Keynote Speaker
Scott is also the Co-Host of the widely popular, The Insurance Guys Podcast. The podcast is infotainment for agents and is widely regarded as the most listened to podcast for both Captive and Independent insurance agents in the United States of America. The mission of the podcast is to help insurance agents, “any way we can” with stories, interviews and information from the best people and technology within the insurance industry.
- Live Podcast at 8% Nation
- Live Podcast for Keystone Insurance Conference
- Speaker at Tennessee Young Agents Conference
- Live Podcast at Arkansas Big I conference (May 2020)
- To book Scott for speaking or live podcast within the insurance industry, please call (256) 293-2776 or send an email to email@example.com.